About Me

My photo
I am not the 'door mat' I am the rock:) and i love him. I am the woman of a man behind bars.

Friday, January 1, 2010

The Story

My fella and i met 3years ago while he was on federal parole. For two months we developed our friendship, and the day after we became intimate he violated his parole and was sent back.

For about 18months we wrote, and began the journey of discovery...we fell in love. At first i didn't visit, but for the last year i visited once a week.

My fella has been in and out since he was 14years old...mostly property crimes...he's 28 now. His worst fear was that his father would die while he was in jail...and that he would have to go to the funeral in chains. That fear became a reality Jan 16/09.
My fella was released on parole April 1/09 and on Jan 12/10 would have been free. Truly free for the first time since he was 14...no supervision, no new charges. He re offended just before Christmas.

Why am i here?
We need help.
My fella is caught in a cycle that he can not break alone. I know he truly wants to be done with this life of crime, but he can't do it alone. He had started to take steps to move forward. BUT... my fella is addicted to the high he gets from 'getting away' with things. He doesn't do drugs or drink...just smokes cigarettes and he is also a compulsive liar.

So now i am left... left loving someone that is hard to love. Trying to figure out if there is some other way for him to get help...besides being warehoused. If there is someone else that cares enough to forgive.


~when asked about what forgiveness is, a little girl gave this beautiful answer... "forgiveness is the sweet scent that a flower gives when its been crushed."

No comments: